Hey Everyone!
My e-homegirl, fellow blogger, and BLM girl, Miss Foodie Fash nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Haaaaaaaay! *throws confetti*
Not even a month into blogging and I’m already being nominated and winning awards?!? I'll drink to that! Sure, it’s not a Pulitzer or Nobel Peace Prize, but it feels good to have someone recognize me for the fabulous person that I am (in my head)!
Of course…there is a catch and I have to do a little work to accept my award.
Bummer. I should have known I wasn’t going to win on my greatness alone. Because I am great. Whether you want to admit it or not…(I’m joking)
Here's what I have to do:
1. Thank the Blogger that nominated me.
2. Share 7 random facts about me.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.
4. Let nominated bloggers know they have been nominated.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award to my post.
I swear I did LESS work on my dissertation for my MASTER’S DEGREE.
I like awards though, and I don't have anything else to do, so here goes!
First off, thanks again to Miss Foodie Fash for nominating me for this award.
Now ...the juicy stuff!
7 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
Now ...the juicy stuff!
7 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. The meaning of my screen name, Purrfectly Me, comes from the fact that I try to be “perfect” in everything I do. Yes, I know being perfect in everything is impossible, but yes, I do TRY. Sometimes it causes a lot of extra stress in my life that does not have to be there. It’s spelled that way because I am a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. and our mascot is a cat. Get it? “Purr”? Cat? Good.
2. Give me a speaking an engagement with an audience of 200 people, and I will talk and present to them with ease. Put me in a room to present to 2 people, and my voice will crack and I will fumble all over the place. I get so nervous speaking to small groups of people. Class presentations used to be the worst for me! Weird right?
3. When I eat a hot dog, I alternate biting them on both ends until I’m finished. Seriously…I do.
4. I’m afraid of industrial plants. Especially at night. One of my biggest fears is nuclear warfare, and I always correlate industrial plants to nuclear warfare...don't ask my why. Bottom line: those industrial plants...they freak me the hell out.
5. I have this “thing” about sleeping next to doors. Like if I am sleeping in a hotel room with two beds, I REFUSE to sleep in the bed closest to the door. Speaking of doors, I can’t sleep unless all of them in my room are CLOSED. Bedroom door, closet door, master bath door: close them all. Wait…am I over sharing?
6. I like stale, soft, chewy, Oreos…and no, Oreo Cakesters do not even compare.
7. I am a "reality" show/HGTV/Food Network junkie! I can’t think of one reality, HGTV, or Food Network show that I have not seen at least once. To be honest, I only watch TWO scripted shows: "Revenge" and "Scandal". SN: I KNOW that most of reality TV is scripted too.
There you have it, my random facts.
This is the part where I changed the rules up a little bit. I do not know or follow many new bloggers. So…I will just nominate my favorites. Shhhh…don’t tell anyone!
*Drumroll Please*
If you follow MBBL's Twitter Page or Facebook Fan Page, you will soon see my tweeting and posting about the nominations, which is my last duty!
NOW...the Versatile Blogger Award!
Whoop Whoop!
So can I add this to my blogging credentials now? Can I say that I am an award-winning blogger now? I guess I can! I'm even going to add it to my side bar to make me feel EXTRA special. Thanks for reading!
Ok, Bye!

Hilarity, and it's confirmed...you have issues. Note to self, do not serve Britt a hot dog or take by industrial plant. Thanks for the shout out.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! I NEVER noticed that I did the hot dog thing until Kelvin pointed it out to me a while ago. He asked me why I did that. I told him I never noticed that I did and he told me that I did that EVERY time I ate one. Then I started to notice that I really do. LOL! And NOOOOOO industrial plants! LOL!
DeleteCongrats Britton! I admire bloggers and writers for that matter. I would love to blog! Any suggestions for a non-writer? Yea, I know just continue to read....lol
ReplyDeleteShelley! Thanks for commenting! I don't really have any advice, but to just DO IT! I have found that Facebook has been great with getting the word out about my blog. I swear it feels like my mind goes a mile a minute and writing this blog has given me an outlet to share! It has been great with keeping me sane! I'm no PRO blogger by any means and I really just do this for fun, but I am anxious to see how far MBBL will go! DO IT!
DeleteI enjoyed learning more about you. You are too funny, too! LOL! I don't have a blog...but more and more I keep thinking about starting one!
ReplyDeleteYou should! :-) I'll be here to read if you do! Thanks for commenting and keep coming back!
Deleteyayyyy!
ReplyDeleteThank yoooooouuuuu! :-)
DeleteYou are a riot Britt! LOL CONGRATS!!!! Thank you for the nomination!!! MUAH
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome Ro! ...and you know me! LOL!
DeleteLove reading your 7 random facts about you!!! LOL!! I tend to close the doors before I go to sleep too!!! Weird it is because my boyfriend thinks I am crazy.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for nominating me for this award and I will be sure to post mine in the coming days.
www.curvysoutherner.blogspot.com
LOL! I'm telling you! That open door thing is serious! Can't wait to read your post! :-)
Delete