Until I saw these....
To say I fell in love is an UNDERSTATEMENT!
So what did I do? I hurried to YouTube and found me a tutorial. Since I had everything I needed at home (except rubber bands), I decided I was gonna try it later when I got home. I love a good DIY, and this one seemed quick and easy. I couldn't wait to get home and try it.
And I did...
and here is how they turned out...
*Hangs Head in shame*
See...what had happened was...I THOUGHT I knew what I was doing. I THOUGHT I remembered everything from the YouTube tutorial, and I didn't refer back to it before starting this process. I added almost an ENTIRE container of bleach to the bin and NO water!
A mess.
Not to mention I almost hyperventilated from all the chemicals in the garage. Oh God that was a disaster.
So...I tried again.
A little better
These were okay, but as you can see on the left leg, I didn't have as much of the bleached effect that I wanted. Not bad for the second try though.
The next day, I took myself to Pinterest and decided to search to see if I could find a tutorial on how to do this, because that YouTube one wasn't doing it for me (if you watched it, you can probably see why). In typical Pinterest fashion...it saves MY day.
With my new found direction, I was determined to try again. I really wanted to do this on a darker rinse pair of jeans (like the ones that were destroyed in the first pic), so I headed to Old Navy, and bought these that were on clearance AND a size smaller (shameless plug...I know), and went back home for my third try.
I got it right y'all!
Thanks for reading.
Ok, Bye!





Pinterest is the bomb.com. I like those jeans and shout out to buying a smaller size. WHhoop whoop!
ReplyDeleteI was too happy about that size smaller! Out of plus size Old Navy now! *shucks and jives* :-)
DeleteOH...M...GEE!! Girl I am dying laughing! You are hilarious. The 1st try needs its own blog titled "SEE WHAT HAD HAPPENED WAS"!! LOL Glad the 3rd time was a charm. They turned out great and I'm scurred a you sizing down! BAM! Kiah
ReplyDeleteIt was a disaster! I posted the pic in FB and everyone was laughing like crazy! Thanks for commenting!
DeleteI CAN NOT stop giggling at your first attempt. Too funny, but girl be careful with that bleach. You did an awesome job on your third time around. Good job. I never considered the acid wash jeans, but they look so cute on you, I'm inspired but I'm thinking mine may turn out the same as your first attempt no matter how many times I try. Lol
ReplyDeleteYou really should try it! It was really very easy...I should have just followed the instructions better! Lol!
DeleteI love these and will definitely try it
ReplyDeleteYou really should!
ReplyDelete