One that I have found helpful so far is My Fitness Pal. My Fitness Pal is a calorie and activity tracking app that allows you to track your progress on a daily basis. You record your meals and exercise activity and it compiles all the data for you on a daily, weekly, and monthly report.
I love it because it makes it easy for me to keep up with my caloric intake for the day. I sometimes slack off by entering my meals, but when I do, I find it to be very beneficial in helping me stay at, or right under my calorie goal for the day (I'm currently on a 1200 calorie/day diet).
My Fitness Pal also lets you track your weigh ins as well. This is great because you can see how you are doing with making your weight loss goals.
Pros:
- It's an easy to use interface. Very easy to navigate.
- I am able to track your weight loss (and gains)
- I am able to easily enter my meals and find out how many calories I have left for the day.
- I love that I can track everything on my phone and online.
- I don't think the calorie "burn" numbers are accurate. There is NO way that I burn 708 calories doing 30 minutes on the elliptical which is one of the readings I got one day.
Here are some screen shots of the My Fitness Pal app:
My Fitness Pal is available on iPhone, DROID, and Online.
Have a great week everyone! I am going on vacation tomorrow, but I won't neglect you all! A "What To Wear" post will be featured Wednesday and another "Pin"-Spiration will be posted when I get back on Friday!
Ok, Bye!
Edited to Add: It must be true when they say great minds think alike, because after I wrote this post, I was reading through my blog roll and saw that one of my favorites, Erica over at The Glamorous Gleam also highlighted My Fitness Pal in her most recent post! She gives great insight and goes into more detail on how she uses the app to help further her weight loss goals. You should definitely check her post out also!





I found your blog I think last Friday. I like it! I've been using My Fitness Pal for about 2 months (although the last two weeks I've slacked off terribly). For the last two weeks I've gotten so lazy about entering my meals and now I've all but given up. I almost deleted the app last week, but it's still on my phone (for the time being). It is a great app...but if I don't enter my meals right before or after I eat them...I forget. You've done great with your weight loss and you look good! My weight loss has been slow, but people can tell so that's exciting and gives me more motivation.
ReplyDeleteI'm like you! I am awful at recording my meals. Another issue I have is that most of the time when I cook, it's so time consuming to add every ingredient to get the accurate calorie count. I love it though, and would love it even more if I actuall USE IT! Glad you found me here! Thanks for commenting
DeleteI'm late but I love MFP. It is an excellent app(when I use it). Just in the last two weeks by trackingmy food I lost 8 lbs. So I know that it helps I jsut need to get back to it consistently. Feel free to add me as a friend my username is: lady_blu. You seem to be doing great on your weight loss journey. Keep it up honey.
ReplyDeleteYou're never too late! I have to do better! I'm going to start back tracking Monday. Thanks so much for the compiment. I'm also going to add you on MFP!
Delete