Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What To Wear..."The All-White Party"

The end of summer is approaching, and with the end of summer and Labor Day coming up, you are sure to hear about (or be invited to) some "All-White" themed parties around your cities and towns.

Yaaaay!

I love all white parties. I love to see people dressed up in all white. It just seems so classic and clean. It's nothing like getting together to at the end of the summer to celebrate the last OFFICIAL day to wear white.

What?

You've heard that old southern adage right? No white after Labor Day? I've heard it before. My grandma stands by it firmly. There are other things she stands by firmly too, like the fact that I used to be scared to see the trees blowing in the wind...and that Star Trek was my favorite TV show when I was younger, but I digress. My grandma is another story for another day...for real.

Anyway!

You are invited to an all white party? What do you wear? A romper? Linen? Dress trousers with a clean crisp blouse? The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Here are some of my favorite all-white looks...





I'm a girly girl, so when I do an all white ensemble, I tend to do a dress and accessorize with gold. I LOVE the look of white and gold. I keep my make-up neutral and go for a bold lip (specifically red). Lately, I've also seen people accessorize with animal prints. I love that look as well.

One of my BFFs (I have two) Ebony birthday is in September and we are going to celebrate all month long, kicking off with an end of the Summer Labor Day all white party on September 2nd. Wooo hooo! I can't wait.

I will be sure to check back in with updates and give you the deets on how I rocked the all white look.

To find the looks featured, or some like it, please visit:
ASOS
Dauxilly
Miss Selfridge

Ok, Bye!


6 comments:

  1. Scared watching the wind blow through the trees?! I can't with you. Hilarious. P.S. The bottom 2 dresses are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm hmmm...That's what she says, but I beg to differ! She is a mess! My absolute fave from those posted is the 4th one! I LOOOOVE it!

      Delete
  2. I love all the white dresses and I don't follow the white rules!!!! I'm a REBEL!!!!! *Fist Pumps*

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now See Lynn, you are one of those ones I talk about..."Now why she act like she can't follow the rules!" LOL! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I'm so in love with long white flowy (is that a word?) dresses and skirts. Although seeing that little short white dress with the red clutch may make me have to reevaluate that statement.

    I also stand by the NO white after labor day. I need to be like LA Lynn and start being a rebel. Lol

    And BOO to the end of summer...I'm not ready yet. *tear*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooove that dress with the clutch! I sometimes have issues about showing my arms and I thought that dress was so cute! The added color with the clutch just made the look come together! I'm the complete opposite about summer! I hate it! Bring on my knee length boots that come with fall! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...