Happy Labor Day!
It’s the first Monday of the month and as promised, it's time to hold myself accountable and further elaborate on how I am doing with my monthly weight loss goals and healthy living journey. You can get up to speed on my story and weekly updates here.
So?!? How did I do, you ask?
First things first: The Goals
Overall, I think I did very well.
Nutritionally: I had a good start with my “semi” clean eating lifestyle. I’ve cut down on the red meat dramatically, and I now only eat it once a week (Saturdays). Oh boy! Ever since I started to go without red meat, my cravings for burgers have been THE. REAL. DEAL. I've been fighting it though...BARELY! Soon, I am going to start weaning myself off the dairy. I am NOT looking forward to THAT! In addition, I have been doing very well on my goal with sticking to my caloric intake limits for the day. That's a major plus for me.
I did fail on that “new healthy recipe per week” one. I am sooo lazy when it comes to trying new recipes. I have to do better! Until I make that lifestyle change, it’s back on the goal list for October.
Physically: Cross training has been working out well for me. Switching up my routines and workout every day does not give my body time to adjust and get used to what I am doing. That’s a good thing. Muscle confusion is what they call it I think. My favorite out of all the work outs I do is RPM (which most of you may know as spinning). Besides that God awful seat cushion, I love it and I feel great after I’m done. I still tend to go to the gym six days a week, unless something major prevents me from doing so.
On August 29th, I started jogging…again. Jogging didn’t work out too well the first time I started a few months ago. I called it “woggling”, because I was jogging so slowly, I might as well have been walking…*side eye to me* However, I’m starting again in preparation of possibly doing a 5K run/walk in November with my soror Beth. Wish me luck! I’m using the “Couch to 5K” app to help me out.
Insanity is DONE!
Now calm down…I’m not saying I completed it, but it’s done. I guess that’s another fail…*side eye to myself again*
Even though I didn’t officially finish, I did manage to lose about eight inches off my body as a whole. Not a fail entirely! I’m sure Insanity, in addition to the rest of my workout regimen aided with that. Insanity though? That thing is hard…FOR REAL.
Results for August: I lost a total of 10.8 pounds. I am also down a pants size!
Yaaaaaay *throws glitter and confetti while twerking in my chair* I'm sooo happy about my progress!
No time to celebrate though! August is a wrap...and it's...
ON TO SEPTEMBER!
My black and white chicken scratch
They are pretty much self-explanatory and there is nothing about these goals to really elaborate on. I’ll be back in October to wrap up and give updates on how I did. I will also continue to update my healthy living journey page with my weekly weigh-ins.
Do you have any weight loss or healthy living goals for the month or year?
If so, good luck on trying to achieve them! Feel free to share them with me in your comments below.
If so, good luck on trying to achieve them! Feel free to share them with me in your comments below.


So how much weight have you lost total?
ReplyDelete55 lbs. total.
DeleteWay to go!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :-)
DeleteCongrats on meeting most of your August goals, and here's to you meeting your September goals!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tia! :-)
Delete