Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The All-White Party: What I Wore

Hi everyone!

Quick check in to tell you guys about my wonderful Labor Day weekend and  to follow up with my last "What To Wear" post. Saturday, my bestie Ebony and I attended an all-white party and had a wonderful time!
Here is how I pulled the look off:

Sorry for the bad lighting and my ghetto self picture!

I bought this Dorothy Perkins dress at the beginning of the summer in hopes that I would go to an all-white party to go to and I FINALLY did! When I first laid eyes on it, I fell in LOVE with the cut of the neckline, and when I finally got it in the mail and tried it on, the fit was AMAZING! This was my first Dorothy Perkins purchase and since then I have purchased three more dresses! I did want to get it hemmed a little shorter for the party, but me, being the last minute person that I am didn’t make the proper arrangements to do so. In hindsight, I’m glad I didn’t. I love how it turned out and the length was perfect. Had I got it hemmed shorter, it probably would have made me feel a bit uncomfortable.
I decided to mix my all-white look with some prints and went with cheetah…or is that leopard?  One of those cats…Anyway!
As I mentioned in my previous post, when I wear solid, basic colors, I tend to do neutral make-up with a bold lip. My bold lip of choice this time was MAC’s Ruby Woo, which is my favorite red! I think it's my favorite bold lip...period. I wear it all the time.
Check out my duck face!

Threads:
Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: JC Penney
Belt: Old Navy
Accessories: Body Central

 Face
MAC NW40 Studio Concealer
MUFE  Mat Velvet Foundation in 177
MAC Mineral Skinfinish Powder in Dark
MAC Raizin Blush

Eyes
MAC Groundwork Paintpot
MAC Honey Lust (inner lid)
MAC Bronze (outer lid and crease)
MAC Buck and Naked (brow bone)
Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara

Lips
 MAC Ruby Woo
MAC Redd To Shop lip pencil

My hair was done by my stylist Brittany, and is actually a trial run of the style I plan to wear for my upcoming class reunion (so don't be suprised when you see it again in the near future). I came across the picture on Facebook, but of course I later saw it on Pinterest as well. I love it and I must say, Britt nailed it!
The Inspiration

If you are interested in achieving a look like this, check out this YouTube tutorial that I found helpful.


The rest of my weekend was great too! Sunday, my parents and I went to the shooting range (no, I'm not a thug or a hillbilly...I promise!), and for Labor Day I made this awesome slow cooker Honey Parmesan pork roast that I got off of Pinterest. It was soooo good! You all should definitely print the recipe and try it out! Definitely a wonderful end to my Labor Day weekend!

Ok, Bye!

28 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I love buying things in hopes I'll have somewhere to wear it lol. and now you made me wanna check out Dorothy Perkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Dorothy Perkins! Right now they are running a sale too! 25% off. Code DPFWD. Happy shopping and thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. OMG your hair looks gorgeous I might have to steal this idea for my brothers wedding that's coming up! haha, and that dress is Hawt, DP is having 25% off today too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how it turned out and it's definitely a go to for my class reunion as planned! That sale I am already up on! I ordered a dress this morning! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely stunning and I love your hair! You better go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress. I love Dorothy Perkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress and your hair is Ahhhhmazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the way it turned out! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. Yay, I'm saving this post.You looked amazing and now I'm running to the store for all this makeup. Thanks for sharing the info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looked awesome! Your look came together nicely and your hair is so pretty! I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your look is perfection! The dress, hair, makeup... gorg! I'm going to have to check out that Ruby Woo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You really should! It's a matte, so it's very drying, but I love it.

      Delete
  9. oh so Fabulous! loved the dress and loved the hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Fabulous!
    That hair style is wayyy fly too.

    Can't wait to see how your reunion turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace! Giiiiiiirrrrrl! I can NOT WAIT until it is OVER!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Val...and thanks for stopping by and commenting! :-)

      Delete
  12. You looked amazing in that white, girl! Did you always like wearing make-up, or was it something you had to ease into? Any advice for an interested novice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tia! I can say that I did always like wearing make up. I've been wearing it off and on since college. I love doing it, even though sometimes it seems like it takes forever. My advice would be to start off simple. Maybe a tinted moisturizer and some blush can get you in the habit and seeing what works for you. When you are ready to move to foundation, be sure to get matched by a professional. It's good to get tested in both natural and inside light to make sure the shade is a match. Usually a good in-store make up artist will be able to do your face, and teach you how to properly apply it yourself to achieve the same look at home. It can definitely be a change from the ordinary, but the results are great if applied correctly.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...