I don't know about you, but to me it seems like retailers promote holidays earlier and earlier every year! We weren't even finished with "Back To School", before the Halloween candy and costumes were hitting the shelves at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and my favorite: Target. Thanks to a Party City flier in the mail in AUGUST Kayden has been aggravating me about a Snow White costume on a now, DAILY basis. *sigh* These retailers cut us consumers no kind of slack!
Seeing as it is now the actual month of Halloween, I guess it's time for me to indulge a little of the excitement! Halloween is one of those holidays where you can just BE FREE! I LOVE IT! For the girls and myself. What other holiday can you bring out your alter ego, or let your imagination run free by dressing up in crazy (or sexy) costumes, and people not look at you sideways? Halloween costume parties are some of the best because you never know what to expect from guests, and the possibilities of what to dress up as are endless.
...and let's not forget...TRICK-OR-TREATING! Who doesn't love free candy? Hmph...I know I do!
My personal style in regards to Halloween is the same as with any other occasion. Keep it cute and keep it classy! Halloween is a time where you can let your imaginations come to life and really get creative! I love costumes that are creative and cute, without being too overly dramatic. I'm usually open to any and all ideas except those of a demonic nature. No witches, ghosts, goblins, or zombies over here!
Are you invited to a costume party, but have not a clue on what to wear? Need ideas about what to dress the kids up as? I'm here to help!
Today's "What to Wear" features some of my favorite costumes for the entire family: The ladies, the guys, AND the kids!
I'm so excited about this upcoming Halloween because it will be the first time that both my girls can actually enjoy it by doing door-to-door trick or treating, carving pumpkins and picking out costumes. Last year and the year before that, Kami was too young to really understand what was going on. She probably still doesn't really know, but I know she will love actually being able knock on our neighbors door yelling "Trick or Treat" with her big sister instead of being pushed around in a stroller! Kayden has already started bugging me about carving a pumpkin, so a trip to the pumpkin patch, will be on the agenda soon!
Here are a couple pictures of them from previous years:
![]() |
| 2008 (Kayden 10 months) 2010 (Kayden 2, Kami 5 months) 2011: Kami REALLY wasn't feeling Halloween OR that costume! (Kayden 3, Kami 1) |
What are your plans for Halloween? Share by commenting below!
Ok, Bye!
































I am attending a Costume Party in late October. This post has given me some great ideas. I want my husband to coordinate with me. We shall see what I come up with!
ReplyDeleteSounds fun! You definitely have many options! My favorite couple costumes would be have to be the police officer/prisoner, or a 1920s gangster/swing dancer! Have a wonderful time!
Delete