Meghan Burns
Describe your weight loss journey in 5 words.
Impossible, unlikely, possible, probable, freeing (in that order)
What inspired you to commit to living a healthier lifestyle?I went to the doctor and I was 295lbs! I couldn't fit in the ugly paper gown! I knew I was heavy but it was the first time I knew that I was probably going to go over 300 if I didn't change immediately. I looked at my husband who was training for races and I got winded doing stairs. I couldn't roll around with my boys and I was scared of all the things I wouldn't be able to do with them: like run in the back yard or jump on a trampoline (b/c I exceeded the weight limit) or ride on a roller coaster.
What was your biggest setback thus far, and how did you overcome it?
I hit a plateau at 250 and debated whether that was 'good enough'! I had to have a long conversation with myself where I got out of my own way and admitted that there were reasons I had gotten heavy other than my deep and inappropriate love of cupcakes! I did and I started doing more strength training!
Your biggest success?
I came in 3rd at my first triathlon in my group! My goal was just to finish but when I was racing I got out of my own way and let the athlete that is in us all out to conquer the world! I also finished Insanity! That felt awesome!
What is your workout regimen (IE. how often do you exercise, and what types of exercises do you do)?
It depends. I do cardio at least 6 times a week with 2-3 strength days. If I'm race training it gets a little more intense! I will block train. So run/bike bike/swim swim/run in the morning and do insanity at night to increase endurance. I row, run, bike, swim, do classes at the gym and I still have love for my biggest loser cardio max DVD!
What were the biggest changes you made to your eating habits?
No sugar!!! I cut processed foods and all sugar from my daily diet. I still have cupcakes on my birthday or on a super special occasion but on a regular day NO sugar!!
On an average day, what is your meal plan?
Snack one: 100 calorie pack almonds
Lunch: big garden salad (spinach romaine, squash, avocado or cheese, celery, cucumber, 4 cherry tomatoes) or shakeology meal replacement shake by team beach body!
Snack 2; fresh veggies (not carrots) and 2 tbsp of hummus
Dinner: 3oz protein, full cup of broccoli and a sugar free grain (quinoa, Israeli couscous)
Any words of advice for those looking to begin or are already on the journey to better health?You don't have too far to go! You don't have too much to lose! You aren't too out of shape! Food is more than 1/2 the battle and exercise you can increase slowly! Get support! Take pictures monthly! Hold yourself accountable! Stop making excuses and set short, medium and long term goals and reward the ever-loving hell out of yourself when you hit them with anything other than food!
Any words of advice for those looking to begin or are already on the journey to better health?You don't have too far to go! You don't have too much to lose! You aren't too out of shape! Food is more than 1/2 the battle and exercise you can increase slowly! Get support! Take pictures monthly! Hold yourself accountable! Stop making excuses and set short, medium and long term goals and reward the ever-loving hell out of yourself when you hit them with anything other than food!
Before and After Pictures of Meghan
Anytime I feel that I am going through a hard time with my weight loss goals, I take one look at Meg's Facebook pictures, and it inspires me to try even harder to overcome those obstacles, kick my butt back into gear, and work harder! She is truly an inspiration to me and shows me that with hard work and dedication that becoming healthier person (on the inside and out) is something that can be done!
Thank you Meg for giving me the opportunity to share your story with my readers!
Ok, Bye!



What a great article! What an awesome inspiration! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIsn't she though! Thanks for visiting and commenting!
DeleteWonderful story!!!
ReplyDeleteYES! Thanks for visiting and commenting!
DeleteHow amazing. I'm happy to hear that even though her setbacks she stayed committed. I love the advice she gave, definitely very inspirational.
ReplyDeleteI agree! Every time I see her updates on Facebook, I am inspired!
DeleteI meant through her set backs... :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE!
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting! :-)
DeleteI truly enjoyed this post. She is very inspiring!
ReplyDeleteWow! So inspriring!
ReplyDelete