It’s Motivational Monday!
Today, I’m excited to introduce Dana Bufford as one of my guest contributors. Dana is a friend of mine I met in undergrad at Francis Marion University and she has an excellent cooking show, “Cooking and Looking Good” (C&LG)!
On C&LG, Dana gives healthy alternatives to her favorite foods, and today’s recipe and episode is a twist on a family favorite: fajitas! Dana’s lettuce wrapped fajitas are easy, light, and absolutely delicious!
Today, and with future C&LG features, I will link up Dana’s episode featuring the recipe, and the a text copy of it so that you can try it at home.
So…without further adieu…Dana Bufford and “Cooking and Looking Good”!
So…without further adieu…Dana Bufford and “Cooking and Looking Good”!
Cooking and Looking Good
Lettuce Wrapped Chicken Fajitas
Approx. 360 calories (3 wraps)
Ingredients
8 oz. of chicken breast
1 head of iceberg lettuce
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
½ white/yellow onion
1 small avocado
1 small container of greek yogurt
¼ cup of lowfat cheddar cheese
A dash of cayenne pepper
A dash of sea salt
A dash of pepper
A dash of cumin
A dash of chili powder
A dash of garlic powder
A dash of onion powder
1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil
1 cup of black beans
Directions:
- Slice chicken in 1 inch sections.
- Season chicken by sprinkling garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Add additional seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil in sauce pan and add chicken.
- Add sliced peppers and onions to cooked chicken and sprinkle with chill powder . Cook until veggies are steamed but still crisp.
- Wash lettuce head whole and peel whole leaves. Dab dry
- Heat black beans on med temp.
- Assemble Lettuce Wrapped Fajitas with lettuce, chicken and veggie mix, avocado, salsa and greek yogurt.
- Serve with black beans.
I made Dana's wraps yesterday for lunch, and they were absolutely delicious!
Now, I know what you may be thinking..."where are the pictures"? Well, to be honest, I was sooo hungry while making them, that the only thing I thinking about when they were done, was EATING THEM!
Now, I know what you may be thinking..."where are the pictures"? Well, to be honest, I was sooo hungry while making them, that the only thing I thinking about when they were done, was EATING THEM!
Dana and C&LG will be featured on MBBL on the second Motivational Monday of each month bringing healthy recipes for those that are on the journey to better health! In the meantime, be sure to check her out on Facebook and read her quick bio on the MBBL Guest Contributors page.
If you try Dana's recipe, be sure to take a picture and share it with me on Facebook, Instagram, or on Twitter using the hastag #MBBL and #CandLG!
If you try Dana's recipe, be sure to take a picture and share it with me on Facebook, Instagram, or on Twitter using the hastag #MBBL and #CandLG!
Stay motivated everyone!
Disclaimer: All "Cooking and Looking Good" recipes are property of Dana M. Bufford. All rights reserved.

Dana's wraps look good. I'll have to give this a try for lunch one day. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThey are really good! Thanks for commenting!
DeleteYUM YUM!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I could eat these everyday! Dana's cooking channel is amazing BTW!
ReplyDeleteMe too! Mine were kind of bare because I don't really eat peppers and all that other stuff, but I still loved them.
DeleteLooks really good, will have to check out more of her recipes!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Britton for the nice comment you left on my blog!!!
Carsedra of:
http://www.embracingtherealme.com/
http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/
They really are! You definitely should check her out on YouTube or on Facebook. She has more of her episodes on there.
DeleteLooks good! And WHY isn't Dana on Food Network by now? I love her show! :D
ReplyDelete