Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Random Ramblings: My FNO Experience

Hi Everyone!

I didn’t plan on writing a post today, but I wanted to share my first FNO (Fashion's Night Out) experience last week.
FNO is an evening dedicated to celebrating all things fashion. It’s a global event and initiative and according to its website, “puts the fun back in shopping”!
I heard about other nationwide FNO events a while ago, but wasn’t too excited because here…in Columbia, South Carolina…well we aren’t too “fashion forward”. I didn’t even check for events locally, because I was sure there would be none. Well…a couple weeks ago while shopping with Ebony, I saw an ad about an FNO event at the mall I frequent on a regular basis. I thought to myself, “Oh! My big, little, city is moving on up!" I still didn’t think much about attending the event because my schedule during the week is always super tight. Plus…I figured I wouldn’t miss much.
*enter the BLMGirls*
All the talks of their FNO meet ups, how excited they were, events they were attending had me feeling some kind of way (peer pressure is REAL yall)! I wanted to GO…so I DID!
…and here are the pictures!

I didn't get many because I had an overative toddler and a motor mouth 4-year old with me! :-/

My local FNO event was held at the Columbiana Centre here in Columbia, South Carolina from 5-8pm. I arrived at the event around 5:30 and was just in time to partake in some wonderful mock tails and good calorie filled refreshments (Maggie Moo’s cookies are the devil…), while registering for giveaways from Sephora, Belk, Dillard’s, and a few other retailers.
By the time I finished mingling, it was time for the “fashion” show.
Yes…those quotations are there for a reason
Remember earlier when I said that Columbia wasn’t that fashion forward? Well…let’s just say the fashion show proved my point. I was very…ummm…underwhelmed. I can’t really put my finger on it, but the looks and the models just didn’t move me. It felt as if the attire selections weren’t really put together correctly, and that they were just pulled off a hanger, and put on a model. No accessorizing, no working the look, no…nothing. Just…generic. I was dissapointed, but not surpised (my poor town). Some of the retailers I was able to catch were Coldwater Creek, Cache, Belk, Dillard’s, and Bebe.
I couldn’t stay for the entire show or shop at any of the participating stores because I had a PTO meeting at Kayden’s school to attend, but I was able to see most of the “fashion” showcase.
All in all, I enjoyed the FNO experience in its entirety. Columbiana Centre and the participating retailers get an “A” for effort. The refreshments were great, the atmosphere was upbeat, and there were many opportunities to win great giveaways. Even though the fashion show left a lot to be desired, the other aspects of the event made up for it. I enjoyed the event and will definitely go again next year if the opportunity permits.
Were there any FNO events in your area? Did you attend? How were they? Feel free to share in the comments below!

Ok, Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I did! I am ready for next year. I'm hoping it will be better!

      Delete
  2. Ha, you just gone to Columbia like that?! Ha! Maybe next year they will step their game up. Next year you can work the runway ans show them how to do it right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I doubt it! I'm hoping it will be better next year! Next year I'm gonna plan better too so I can be there without the kids and really do a good job covering it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...