Monday, September 17, 2012

Motivational Monday: Those Three Digits

Hi Everyone!

It's great to have family that not only loves and cares for you, but encourages you and gives you that extra push you need to do better! On Facebook about a month ago, my cousin Tonya and were talking about things she wanted to see here on MBBL. Here is the exchange we had:




Now THIS…is nothing but the absolute TRUTH!

When I first started my weight loss journey, I used to be OBSESSED with those three digit numbers on the scale. Weighing EVERY DAY…somes TWICE a day. I was really bad with it…and THAT is not healthy. It was when I started researching  weight loss and aspects of it, that I learned that it was not always about my weight on the scale. It’s about living healthy and being healthy! The weight loss is just an added bonus.

That’s what I now focus on.

If I never lose another pound this year, or even this lifetime, all that matters to me most is what Tonya wrote…my three digits on that scale will NEVER be what my highest number was. That’s all the motivation I need!

I encourage you all to get into that mindset! Weight loss and most importantly,  trying to live a healthy lifestyle is definitely a journey of ups and downs, successes and failures. We all face them. What matters the most though is that you push through them…and you will!

Oh...and as you can see on my Healthy Living Journey  page...I'm not as sensitive about that three digit number as I used to be. :-)

Stay Motivated!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! Staying in that positive lifestyle change mindset rather than obsessing over the scale and calorie counting is the way to go. I know that I was surprised when I FINALLY got on the scale to weigh myself (I've recently kicked up my workout regimen full throttle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! As I said in my post, I used to weigh myself daily, but I now do so weekly. I try not to focus on the weight so much now and focus on my goals to just living a better lifestyle. Thanks for commenting! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...