Friday, September 14, 2012

Pin-Spiration: Mexican Fiesta!

The great thing about planning your high school reunion with your friends, is that you can use "planning meetings" as an excuse to get together for a Girls Night In! This past Saturday was no different!

Saturday's meeting was held at my house and I decided to cook for the girls. I didn't want to do anything to heavy, and something that was easy. Then it clicked in my head..."Mexican". Not just the ordinary tacos though. I found two great recipes from Pinterest and decided to give them a try!

The first, was a taco ring bake which was ground beef wrapped in crescent rolls (I used ground turkey) with toppings and garnishing in the middle. I paired them with tortilla chips and a store bought queso dip (don't judge me).  The second, was a dessert that tied into the Mexican theme, apple enchiladas which I paired with vanilla ice cream. What did we have to drink? Of course...Budweiser Lime-A-Rita's! The only thing missing was the mariachi band and sombreros...LOL!

From what I could tell, my friends enjoyed the meal. I can't say that they were simple to prepare, but I did love the results, and seeing my friends enjoy it as well made me smile all on the inside! ANYONE that can follow directions can prepare a great meal! I'm living proof because I don't have a cooking bone in my body!

Pinterest saves the day again!

Taco Bake Ring and Apple Enchiladas



They so greedy...LOL!


We did manage to get a LITTLE bit of work done...


The Recipes:


Thanks for reading! Be sure to try these recipes at home and share them on the MBBL Facebook Fan Page!

Ok, Bye!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! That food looks delish girl! Looks like ya'll had an awesome time too :) I hope the reunion goes/went well :)


    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We did have a wonderful time! Our reunion is this Saturday and I am sooo excited! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey I really like your blog, and I nominated you for an award, check the post out on my blog.

    http://fredafro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...